Rundreise durch Wales 2007

Touren und Reiseberichte aus dem europäischen Ausland

Moderatoren: eniac, Robi

Antworten
Tatzelwurm

Rundreise durch Wales 2007

Beitrag von Tatzelwurm »

Nach drei Wochen Stress wegen des Umbaus zum "Reisepinz" starteten wir zwei Tage später als geplant.Bild
Hier ein paar Fotos von der abwechlungsreichen Landschaft:
Angefangen bei der Gower Halbinsel in Südwales durch Mittelwales, an der Westküste entlang bis in den Norden und kreuz und quer wieder zurück:
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild

Das Highlight unserer Reise war der Besuch bei Anthony auf seiner großen, einsam gelegenen Farm.
Bild
Bild
Bei dieser gastfreundlichen Forumsbekanntschaft hätten wir es auch noch länger als drei Tage ausgehalten. Als alter Offroader kennt er die besten Wege. Bei einer gemeinsamen Tour zeigte er uns die nicht leicht zu findenden öffentlichen Wege, die sich nur mit Geländewagen bewältigen lassen.
Bild
Hier wusste ich noch nicht wie viele Wasserdurchfahrten noch vor mir lagen.

Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Anthony wusste, dass das Wasser hier ca 80 cm tief war, ich hätte es sonst nicht gewagt!
Bild
Das ist kein Bach, das ist der Weg.
Bild
Bild
Leider hat sich das Objektiv nicht ganz geöffnet.
Bild
Bild
So abwechlungsreich wie die Landschaft war auch das Wetter- dennoch ein wunderbares Erlebnis.
Bild

Thank you a lot, dear Anthony and Joanna for your hospitality and three unforgettable days!

PS. Anthony würde sich über ein Treffen mit mehreren Pinzgauern sehr
freuen. Den Platz dafür hat er: mehrere große, mit Bäumen umrahmte Wiesen. Er stellt sich auch gern als ortskundiger Begleiter für Offroad- Touren zur Verfügung.
Anthony

Beitrag von Anthony »

The Photographs are a pleasure to see and remind me of our very pleasant time and wonderful company.

These particular tracks are only a few miles from our home. One of them has as can be seen many water crossings, at times in places the water runs along long stretches of the track. In the winter months the river can be very swollen, one trip I remember the water came half way up on the drivers side of my LR 101 FC.

My wife and I have camped on many occasions on this track and in all seasons of the year in our 101. It is a very beautiful and inspiring place with wild life to observe. It was a very good experience to travel on this occasion in the Pinzgauer which is ideal for off roading and "Green Laning" in Wales and England. There are many tracks similar to these throughout Wales and are legal and free to travel on.

I am glad that you were able to experience different parts of Wales as a "taster" and can see that you enjoyed beaches and some of our many historic castles .

Evidently you also scored a hit with some car park attendants! :lol: I do not think that many get free parking at Stone henge. :o

Thank you very much for coming to visit us, it was very much our pleasure to receive you Andreas, Renate and Laura. You are most welcome to come here at any time.
Grüße

Anthony
GB
Peter Lustig

Beitrag von Peter Lustig »

Ha, noch ein schöner Reisebericht. So langsam füllt sich unsere Reiserubrik, super. Wie ich sehe - eine wunderschöne Landschaft und spannende Offroad-Strecken. Dass dann noch die persönliche Begegnung mit Anthony und Familie dazukam - sozusagen als Sahnehäubchen - war sicher doppelt schön. Klasse, dass sich durch das Forum auch persönliche Begegnungen und Freundschaften entwickeln!
Wolfram

Beitrag von Wolfram »

Hallo Andreas,

wirklich sehr schön, selbst mit Regen. Demnächst kann Robi dann ein Reisebüro aufmachen, "Robis Reisen" sozusagen :D . Immerhin haben wir im Forum Norwegen, Frankreich, Belgien und die USA "im Angebot" der nicht deutschsprachigen Länder.

Wales kommt nach diesem Bericht wieder etwas weiter nach oben auf die Wunschliste, ganz klar!

Gruß

Wolfram
Natürlich Pinzgauer, was sonst!
Stef@n

Beitrag von Stef@n »

Hallo Andreas,

das ist ja auch mal eine feine Gegend! Bisher konnte ich mir unter "Wales" nicht wirklich viel vorstellen...
Und dass du einen Besuch bei Anthony noch am Weg legst, finde ich eine feine Sache! Ist doch immer wieder nett, Leute aus dem Forum kennenzulernen...
Gruß

Stefan
lovepons

Beitrag von lovepons »

Möchte auch mal gerne dorthin fahren aber die @#*ç%¢*"& Engländer machen es einem so schwierig mit Hunden dort rein zu kommen :evil: :evil:
MfG
Jacques
Anthony

Beitrag von Anthony »

Jacques,

are you quoting "Mad Dogs & English Men Go Out In The Mid Day Sun" :P

I think what you are saying is that GB has quarantine restrictions with Dogs because of Rabies?? In fact it is possible I believe to Get a "Dog Pasport from a Vetinary in your Country and then it is possible to travel to GB without any problems.

I am a Dog Lover, I do not eat them :P :lol: We used to have two Irish Wolf Hounds absolutly massive dogs.

lovepons hat geschrieben:Möchte auch mal gerne dorthin fahren aber die @#*ç%¢*"& Engländer machen es einem so schwierig mit Hunden dort rein zu kommen :evil: :evil:
MfG
Jacques
Grüße

Anthony
GB
lovepons

Beitrag von lovepons »

Hello Anthony,

I simply know that it is quite difficult to get a dog into U.K. - Last time when I flew back from the USA I had to change my routing in order to avoid entering EEC on UK territory. I have 3 x Polski Owczarek Nizinny's and all of them have a US health passport and an EEC health passport but somehow U.K. custom officers do not really know what the law really is and they tend to attribute the rights to come in or not on a lottery basis. :lol: I guess that is why U.K. still has issues about being a true member of the EEC.
It is simply a pitty as I would love to go to the U.K. and show the sheepherding skills that they have + the landscape is simply asthonishing. The pictures that Andreas has put up are there to proof it.

Best regards,

Jacques

P.S. I simply can't leave my three dogs at home with my 80 year old mother while I go and enjoy the sceneries of England.
Anthony

Beitrag von Anthony »

Jacques,

It is true, the real reason that GB is a reluctant member of the EEC is because an important politicians (Tony Blair :P ) likes to have a NATO Pintle on his Landrover and not have to take it off because of incomprehensible (to me) :P TUV :lol: :lol:

This is the definitive site for importing animals in and out of GB, it is a Government site. I suspect the reason for not allowing your dogs into GB territory is because you were coming direct from the USA and that would not be allowed. I appreciate your predicament; elderly mothers’ are very precious

http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quarantine/index.htm

http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quarant ... /index.htm

It is very possible as I know people who have done it including friends importing from Spain. We do have very exact conditions for animals but they are much relaxed recently.

I can make on your behalf enquiries specific to your country and circumstances if you should whish it Jacques.

Perhaps Andreas might like to comment on our Welsh Weather as that is the real reason why England is flooded! Most of the rivers in flood have Welsh origins and catchment areas. :roll: :wink:

[quote="lovepons"]Hello Anthony,

I simply know that it is quite difficult to get a dog into U.K. - Last time when I flew back from the USA I had to change my routing in order to avoid entering EEC on UK territory. I have 3 x Polski Owczarek Nizinny's and all of them have a US health passport and an EEC health passport but somehow U.K. custom officers do not really know what the law really is and they tend to attribute the rights to come in or not on a lottery basis. :lol: I guess that is why U.K. still has issues about being a true member of the EEC.
It is simply a pitty as I would love to go to the U.K. and show the sheepherding skills that they have + the landscape is simply asthonishing. The pictures that Andreas has put up are there to proof it.

Best regards,

Jacques

P.S. I simply can't leave my three dogs at home with my 80 year old mother while I go and enjoy the sceneries of England.[/quote
Grüße

Anthony
GB
lovepons

Beitrag von lovepons »

Well Anthony,

It happened in 2004 and I went to the US for 14 days to conduct first a bit of business for myself and attend to some sheepherding events with my dogs. So I basically left from Europe to go to the US and come back. However it just happened the return flight came back thru U.K. and that's when the problem started. Luckily I heard of that in advance and re-booked my flight thru Frankfurt.
U.K. was going to keep my three dogs for 40 days in quarantine at £ 10/dog and per day. My guess is that it was mainly because my dogs came into contact with a lot of other dogs but more specifically with sheep lifestock. These farm animals representing quite a value in the U.K. they needed, I think, to be protected form any disease carried into the U.K. Coming in thru Frankfurt wasn't that easy neither. They requested import fees on my dogs despite that I showed them that I had flown with them out of Europe. These import fees were finally refunded when they could match the microchips of my dogs.

Best Regards,

Jacques
Pinzlinger
Tolle Reise

Beitrag von Pinzlinger »

Hallo,

gratulation zur tollen Reise!

Echt eine tolle gegend dort, hätte ich mir nicht gedacht!

Schöne grüsse

Stefan
Haflinger&Pinzgauer&Saurer
"Wenn ein Ingènieur zu träumen beginnt sticht er jeden Dichter aus"
volvo 9031

Beitrag von volvo 9031 »

Hallo Tazel,

Toller Reisebericht.

Sieht ja fast aus wie im Westerwald. Nein im Ernst, würde mich schon jucken.

Aber wie sieht das denn mit den Spritkosten aus. Wir waren am Wochenende auf der War and Peace Show in Beltring. Der Sprit ist ja genau so astronomisch teuer wie das Essen.

Wie viel Kilometer lang war denn die ganze Reise?

Grüße aus dem Westerwald

Volvo 9031

Vali
Tatzelwurm

Beitrag von Tatzelwurm »

Hallo Volvo....

Der Sprit ist schon ein paar Cent teurer als hier, aber dafür hab ich ja auch nichts gegessen :lol: :lol:
Bin insgesammt über 3500 km gefahren. Das lag auch an dem schlechten Wetter, da konnte man halt eben nur fahren :lol:

Gruß Andreas
Wolfram

Beitrag von Wolfram »

Tatzelwurm hat geschrieben:Der Sprit ist schon ein paar Cent teurer als hier, aber dafür hab ich ja auch nichts gegessen :lol: :lol:
und man darf nicht vergessen, daß in England Diesel TEURER ist als Benzin! Da freut man sich doch jedesmal beim Tanken :lol: ,

Gruß

Wolfram
Natürlich Pinzgauer, was sonst!
eniac
Beitrag von eniac »

Nun ja ...

90pence sieht halt auch besser aus als 1,35€ :wink:
Grüße

derStefan
Antworten