Cable Ties for TD's

Moderatoren: eniac, xaver133

Antworten
Profpinz
Cable Ties for TD's

Beitrag von Profpinz »

The main wiring harness in TD's is held in place with reusable cable ties that are fixed to the Pinzgauer body via welded "mushroom studs".
Some of the cable ties were already damaged when I purchased the vehicles others I stupidly cut when I was stripping the unit, but as I wasn't worried as I intended to but new ones......however after hours of "Googling" I'm at a loss to find them. Surely Steyr Puch didn't design them especially for their own use.

Has anybody come across this type of cable tie anywhere?

"Mushroom Studs"
Bild

Stud Locking area
Bild

Actual Cable Tie
Bild

Cable Tie in place.
Bild

Thanks!
PINZ 716
Re: Cable Ties for TD's

Beitrag von PINZ 716 »

Hi Peter I have had the same issues with those. It seams that the Pinzgauer have a couple of different types of cable ties fitted to these.

Last time I got some from Dale the other way around it which I'm sure you won't want to do is to use an ordinary cable tie and clip it to the broken one at each end so linking new tie to old tie
xaver133

Beitrag von xaver133 »

Hi Peter,

That one was quite a hard one to get. I also needed about an hour.
I think you should try at your local audi, VW or Skoda dealer: http://www.ventex.nl/nl/product/8119718 ... lband.html
Cable Tie Fastner Binder Strap for VW Skoda SEAT Audi BMW MB N90188101 811971850

In my opinion it looks pretty similar to the one you've posted.

AUDI/VW OEM number: N90188101, 811971850

Funy, I think on my P80 are different ties, probably the same as on the gasoline Pinis.

Best Regards
Xaver
Profpinz

Beitrag von Profpinz »

Thanks guys for the post....it does appear that SDP did use a variety of ties over the various models, but never really noted which was which.

That was an excellent find Xavier!
I've already ordered three packets (of 5 each) off the Ebay site......but more importantly is that illusive VW Part No: which I have now written down in the Pinny Spare Parts Manual for future use.

Thanks again! :D :D
xaver133

Beitrag von xaver133 »

You are welcome :D .
Antworten