Steyr Bearings

Rund um Glühkerze und Servopumpe der Selbstzünder

Moderatoren: eniac, xaver133

Antworten
Profpinz
Steyr Bearings

Beitrag von Profpinz »

I've had to buy some additional bearings for the 718's drivetrain lately and my Bearing Supplier asked if I wanted Austrian NKE (he knows I'm a Steyr Puch fanatic :D )
He told me the story of how NKE was started by ex Steyr Bearing employees after the original company was purchased by SKF and that they are now available in Australia.

......Well I had a couple of original NOS Steyr bearings in my spare parts box that I could use, so it was only fitting that I used "new Steyr" bearings to complete the job. :D :D

Bild

(Robi, if I posted this in the wrong area please feel free to move it.....thanks!)
Steyr-Daimler-Puch Crack

Re: Steyr Bearings

Beitrag von Steyr-Daimler-Puch Crack »

NKE is a waste Bearing, it sounds like Steyr, in meaning of the factory, but is only produced in the city Steyr not more! the NKE Bearing is a verx cheap bearing in price also in quality. I rerepaired a gearbox which was fresh serviced with such bearings and the customer brought it to me. The bearings didn´t turn, the play of the bullest and rings was to rigid also the hardness of them wasn´t to heavy. I changed to SKF and the gearbox run! i also had wheel bearings fron NKE where the running ring was broken in the middle line.
Profpinz
Re: Steyr Bearings

Beitrag von Profpinz »

Damm, I, hope I have better luck than you.
My guy said they have a good reputation here and they are no cheaper in Australia than equivalent SKF or FAG bearings.
Antworten