Splash Guard for Rear Brakes.

Rund um Glühkerze und Servopumpe der Selbstzünder

Moderatoren: eniac, xaver133

Antworten
Profpinz
Splash Guard for Rear Brakes.

Beitrag von Profpinz »

I'm a little confused about the way in which the brake "splash guard" (Fig 9, Part 1) mounts.
According to the Repair Manual the "splash guard" mounts with the raised ribs and the edge pointing outwards, towards the wheel/brake disk.....Refer image below:

Bild

.....however when I mounted the guard this way, the raised ribs interfere with mounting lugs, so the splash-guard will not sit flat.

Bild

If there was a 3mm thick spacer between the guard and the mounting lug this would overcome the problem however nothing is shown in the Spare Parts Manual.
OR
I can mount the splash guard the other way around with the raised ribs and the edge pointing inwards, towards the differential and it fits, but that's not as per the Repair Manual.

With a bit of luck someone knows the answer to this riddle! ..... Thanks.
xaver133

Re: Splash Guard for Rear Brakes.

Beitrag von xaver133 »

Hi Peter

I think there are left and right one's.
Is it possible that you mounted the wrong side?

Regards Xaver
Profpinz

Beitrag von Profpinz »

G'Day Xaver,

Yes, I played around with both but the only way I could get the splash guard to fit properly was opposite/mirrored (wrong way around) to that in the Repair Manual pics.

This morning I went through a lot of my "old" pictures of the 718 chassis before I stripped it and I found an image of the splash guard in original fitment.......it appears the "wrong way around" is the correct way around :D :)
Strange how they are opposite to those shown in the Repair Manual.

Bild
xaver133

Beitrag von xaver133 »

G'Day Peter

I'm sorry but it's a bit difficult for me to get it from your photos (angle) which side is out/in of the splash guard.
In my manual it shows the same pic as in your's (and it is still used by the army) but what really matters is that it fitts.
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Best Regards to Oz
Antworten